A decadent, probiotic-rich treat that is good for your body and your mood!
- 1/4 cup Lifeway
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped or shaved
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, finely ground + more for rolling
- 2 Tbsp unsalted almond butter
- 2 Tbsp raw agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder + more for rolling
- Sea salt, to taste
- Over a double boiler, slowly melt the dark chocolate, stirring frequently to avoid burning. When completely melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the kefir, ground almonds, almond butter, agave/honey, cocoa powder and a pinch of sea salt. When mostly combined, add the melted chocolate and pulse until everything comes together.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor to a shallow container. Cover with a lid and place into a refrigerator until firm (1-2 hours).
- After the mixture has cooled, remove from the fridge and place on the counter. Separate additional rolling ingredients (cocoa powder and ground almonds) into two shallow bowls.
- Using a spoon, scoop 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of the truffle mixture and place in your hands. Gently roll into a small, bite-sized ball. Roll in cocoa powder or almonds (or both!) and set aside on a separate sheet.
- Repeat process with remaining truffle mixture. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.